Monday, July 27, 2015

Childlike: What It's Not




"Unless you become like a little child, you cannot enter the kingdom of Heaven." Mathew 18:3

I want to talk about what this doesn't mean. I will write another post about what it does mean next week.


When I see myself before God as a child, I am in a candy store.

The whole event is perfectly ingrained in my mind. I can visualize myself. I am 5 years old, small and adorable with lovely blond curls.

Like most kids in a candy store, I want the candy.

I want it so badly that I am throwing a royal fit. I am lying on the ground, screaming, crying and kicking my legs. I want that candy and I want it now!

The only part of this story that's real is that those are the kind of fits I threw as a child. Thankfully, I don't throw those kinds of fits anymore when I don't get what I want. At least not literally.


But I have to admit, when talking to God, I still throw those fits.

I yell at Him and think, "Why won't you just give me what I want?"

I want something and I want Him to give it to me. I know that it's childish to demand and beg and get mad when I do not get what I want.

Still, when I look deep down, I know that I still do this with God. I still throw fits and demand he give me what I want. Like I said, it's childish.


Childlike is something totally different. Stick around for next week when I go into detail about what it really means to be a child.


Trust me, it has nothing to do with throwing fits....


You are so loved.
~Emily

Sorry for the lack of posts last week... we all went on an unplanned blog hiatus. The good news is that Sarah is back and will be posting again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment